My winning seafood dipping sauce and marinated always into Garlic chili lime, it’s more to the typical of Southeast Asia flavor. The sharp pungent flavor just representatives the region, appetizing at the same time refreshing!
There is one thing that I absolutely love about Southeast Asian food, its the diversity of food which is create on its own magnetism. They are fascinated, unique taste and adventurous to people who try to discover interesting flavor in cooking.
The rich culture of Southeast Asian food has become the tastiest food in the world! The very simple daily meals, elaborated feasts characterize all Southeast Asia culinary. The food of the Thais, Filipinos, Vietnamese, and Indonesians are among the most famous exotic creations.
However, Thai food is the most popular cuisine coming from Southeast Asia, the complex flavor mixing between spicy, sour, sweet and salty just phenomenal!
My recipe today is more like an appetizer especially great serves for your sunset cocktail BBQ gathering—Cilantro Prawn serve with spicy garlic lime dipping sauce.
Cilantro Prawn With Spicy Garlic-Lime Dipping Sauce
1 lb Prawns / 450gr
4 stems cilantro root
4-5 fresh lemon peel
2 bowls of ice cube
Some cilantro leaves for garnish
Water, the amount will be just enough to submerge the prawns
Rinse the prawns under cool running water. Leave the shells, legs and tails on for added flavor.
Wash clean the cilantro root under tap water, lightly bash up with rolling pin or the back of a kitchen knife
- Place the water in a stock pot and set over high heat. Bring the water into rapid boil, add cilantro root and lemon peel
- Add the prawns to the hot water using a slotted spoon. *Take care not to splash the water.
- Boil the prawns until they are entirely change to bright orange color or until cook through *monitoring it closely.
- Meanwhile Fill in a large bowl with ice (3/4 full). Add enough cold water to cover the ice.
- Once the prawns risen to the surface, using a slotted spoon, transfer the prawns to the ice bath to stop them from cooking further
- As soon as they are cold, transfer the prawns to a colander to get rid any excess water
- Discard cilantro root and lemon peel. Transfer in a bowl cover with plastic cling and chill
Chilli-lime dipping sauce
3 cloves garlic
4-5 bird eye chillies
2 cilantro root
3 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoon fish sauce
3 tablespoon lime juice
2 sprigs cilantro leaves, roughly chop
In a mortar and pestle, pound together garlic, chilli, cilantro root and sugar
Transfer into a mixing bowl and add fish sauce and lime, stir well until combine
Discard cilantro root before serving and sprinkle with chop cilantro.
Remove the prawns from the refrigerator, arrange in a serving plate sprinkle with some cilantro leaves and side with Chili-Lime dipping sauce
Serve chill immediately